Waitrose coming to More London?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5
Jim
Thursday 11 September 2008 5.27pm
Heaven forefend that your house prices be depressed by a food store where people can actually afford to shop
Thursday 11 September 2008 6.10pm
Lol, apparently it's very fashionable among the credit crunching chattering classes to shop at Aldi and Lidl these days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1904269/With-soaring-food-costs-every-Lidl-helps.html
Thursday 11 September 2008 6.46pm
I'm not really convinced by this, but you can't argue with their prices. And of course there's now the fabled 25 suit, although apparently it is far from comfortable.
Tee
Thursday 11 September 2008 7.04pm
Aldi now claims that half its shoppers are from the wealthier ABC1 social groups and its biggest selling frozen line is the gastropub staple, lamb shank. Mr Hetherington said: "We've had shoppers from Waitrose and even Marks & Spencer come to us."

ABC1: [sarcasm]i'm guessing these are people who can spell and count correctly?[/sarcasm]
Thursday 11 September 2008 8.26pm
Friday 12 September 2008 7.32am
I am sure it is much smarter to shop at lidl than marks and spencer - in much the same way it is much smarter to drive a battered old volvo covered in dog hair than a gleaming brand new bmw or merc. My vote is a McD's or Chicken Cottage for more london...
Friday 12 September 2008 11.56am
my choice is the merc...
Saturday 28 November 2009 5.39pm
According to the planning decision made in June 2007, the 7morelondon site is meant to incorporate a 2,500m2 supermarket.

http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/planning_decisions/strategic_dev/2007/20070718/plot_7_more_london_report.pdf

Does anyone have any news on which supermarket this might be if indeed one is still planned?

Thanks
Saturday 28 November 2009 7.29pm
there was a supermarket planned for empire square but the site lies empty...the council scuppered that one i believe
Monday 9 August 2010 11.41am
Does anyone know what, if anything is being planned for the tooley street side of 7more london? I'm desperate for there to be a supermarket!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 3 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network