Fab Festival

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 14 September 2008 11.15pm
Really enjoyed the Thames Festival this weekend, especially the music and dancing. Great stuff!

Related news & features

Sunday 14 September 2008 11.16pm
The fireworks were fantastic!
Monday 15 September 2008 9.51am
And closing Sthk Bridge down on Sat to make a massive dining room/party was an excellent idea.

The whole festival also highlighted something that we've all known for ages.....it's all happening on the South Bank. The North Bank's a morgue

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 15 September 2008 1.17pm
Yes, I agree, it was a brilliant festival - reminded me of why I live where I do - On Saturday morning I nipped across the river to the flower festival at Middle Temple - it was the origin of the 'Chelsea' flower show I believe - but so much less crowded and more pleasant. Then walked back across the Millenium Bridge and had a really nice lunch before watching the Great River Race then a bit of shopping and a visit to Tate Modern. Topped it all off with the fab fireworks last night - Now I have to buckle ddown and do my housework after what felt like a mini-holiday! Long live SE1. (Before anyone gets pedantic I KNOW Middle Temple is not SE1 but very accessible nevertheless.
Monday 15 September 2008 3.26pm
It was fun to see Tower Bridge open yesterday--I haven't seen that before. I walked onto it to take a picture of the festivities and thought I might as well do the tower tour as long as I was there. Quite interesting, and a great clear day to see the view in all directions. I imagine the Eye was a good bet yesterday too.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: