Michael Caine

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 December 2003 3.45pm
Can somebody tell me, is the portrait of Michael Caine in the mural on the Crossways Church on the New Kent Road taken from Get Carter? I have a feeling that not only is it from that film but it's the scene where he's having phone sex with Brit Ekland. Does the church know this?
Monday 15 December 2003 5.48pm
This posting is almost opaque.

There are several things here that I don't understand, viz:

"Get Carter"?

"sex"?

(And, while we're on the subject, I'm assuming that by "phone", you actually mean "'phone" (i.e. that which, I believe, is a modern abbreviation for Mr Bell's much-hyped "telephone"?)

Could you please remember, Harry, that not all of us have just jumped off the last omnibus from trendy city and may need to be addressed using the Queens' English.

Post edited (16 Dec 03 09:32)

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Jim
Wednesday 24 December 2003 9.31pm
I was the minister of Crossway when the mural was put up.
Yes, Harry, it was from "Get Carter" all those years ago... I'd forgotten about what was happening on the telephone, if I ever recognised it - we revs are a bit naive you know. But knowing how broadminded you SE1 people are, it doesn't matter anyway, does it?

Had you noticed that there's another MCaine pic behind it with his mum? Not many people know that...
Tuesday 1 June 2010 4.03pm
I am the current minister at Crossway and proud of the mural that Jim organised. I didn't even know that get Carter got sex on the telephone or anywhere else but then I'm too young! Jim, M Caine and mum is in front M Caine on the 'hot line'.

If anyone wants to see what we are talking about join us on Sundays at 11.00 am and after the service we will give you the guided tour.

Blessings and thanks Harry for noticing us

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: