Anyone know of a good jeweller who can re-size engagement rings?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 15 September 2008 3.56pm
Hi all

After being away travelling for a year I have lost a little bit of weight and my engagement and wedding ring are too big for me - I need to find a jeweller I can trust to resize them and make them fit (rather than them flying off) - could anyone recommend someone is trustworthy and also not too expensive?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Carol
Monday 15 September 2008 4.10pm
I used the jewller in the Elephant and Castle shopping centre. Although the owner past away, his brother is still trading.
Monday 15 September 2008 5.01pm
Show off! (I think mine has shrunk since we got married ;0))

(Sorry I can't add anything useful to this thread. Good luck in your search. Have you considered 5 pints of lager a night, topped off with a healthy kebab? Keep that up for a few months and your problems will be solved.)

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 15 September 2008 5.58pm
that's the solution that I'm using.
she didn't want to go the same way, and have to buy a whole new wardrobe as well though.
Monday 15 September 2008 6.16pm
Any jeweller can do it, but be careful not to upset the setting of your engagement ring.
Tuesday 16 September 2008 1.43pm
I have had all my diamond jewellery repaired at Dynasty in Hatton Gardens (the second shop on the left hand side). It can cost as little as 20 to have a ring sized down as there is no need to add any gold/platinum on it. Remember not to have a too tight fit for those summer days when you fingers may swell. Alternatively, you can also ask to have an inner ring (working like a spring) put inside your rings, so it can be a bit more adjustable in case you put some weight back on (in case you get pregnant for example).
Tuesday 16 September 2008 5.45pm
...in case you get pregnant for example

Isn't chocolate cake more likely to be the issue?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: