Police on Bermondsey Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 16 September 2008 7.07am
Does anyone know why the police were on the corner of Bermondsey St and Morocco St, they had something taped off? Looked like it could have been a burglary.
Tuesday 16 September 2008 8.06am
The green shop seems to be cordoned off (it's closed), not sure if this is because it was in the way, or if there has been an incident involving them ...?
Tuesday 16 September 2008 8.43am
According to one of the guys from the garage, one of the staff was found dead in the shop this morning
Tuesday 16 September 2008 9.00am
Oh my gosh! Do you mean the sandwich shop?
Tuesday 16 September 2008 9.05am
Yep, I virtually walked into the tape on my way to work this morning, in my morning zombie walk. Was also busy chuntering to myself that another bike seems to have been pinched from our flats. All in all a lovely heartwarming start to the day
Tuesday 16 September 2008 11.19am
Thats awful, hopefully they were not hurt and died of natural cause.
Tuesday 16 September 2008 1.42pm
Apparently the woman was murdered...
Tuesday 16 September 2008 2.16pm
Yes one of my colleagues heard from one of the local shops that it was a murder too.
Tuesday 16 September 2008 2.18pm
Gloria from Goode Foods (the Deli on the corner, next to the Woolpack and opposite the Garrison) was found dead on the floor of her shop late last night, and the police are treating it as murder. Gloria was the tiny, sweet older lady who always stood on the left and made me my lunch every single day for the last 2 years. A delivery driver discovered her and ran to the Garrison for help. At first it appeared to be a burglary gone wrong, but who would be robbing a tiny deli? it is such a horrible shock for such a tight knit community, and my thoughts are with her family who worked along side her. What a horrible, horrible thing to happen on Bermondsey Street.
Tuesday 16 September 2008 2.49pm
How terrible. Her poor family.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

This thread has been closed

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: