Four storey builidng in Hankey Place SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 16 September 2008 6.54pm
Having watched the growing of this building, I'm a bit concerned. Initially it was billed as a two storey lot, building on the site of some old library, now defunct.
It has now grown to four storeys! The noise and stress is terrible, I could not open my windows all summer, and as I work from home I felt really peeved.
I wonder if Planning Permission offices can change the details of an application once it passed?

I emailed them and they asked me for my address. When I failed to give it to them (I asked them to email me instead) they haven't bothered.
Tuesday 16 September 2008 7.54pm
I have just emailed the Planning Office of Southwark Council, requesting copies of the planning application (which is rather lacking in detail on their website) and also for confirmation of which local neighbours were consulted prior to approval, as again, according to their website, none were !

Will keep you posted
Tuesday 16 September 2008 9.52pm
Well I face right onto it and never heard a peep Suddenly one day it was under way and a small notice on the corrugated iron.
They are like very other Borough intent on building expensive flats in every available space to the detriment of everything else, save crime. I do believe more upper class homes will drop the level of crime in the area.

However it is a council's/government's get rich quick way of approaching "regeneration".

Did you read the news today about the report stating we are the most crowded city in Europe now?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: