Shunt Lounge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 17 September 2008 11.43am
is anyone a member of this bar/club? does one need to be a member for entry before 9pm?
how does it work and is it worth it?
last time i saw a massive queue outside but as people were coming out they said it was empty inside and not worth the 10 entrance fee..??
Wednesday 17 September 2008 4.26pm
Before 9pm it's 5 entry Wed/Thu, 10 Fri/Sat if you are not a member.

In my experience the club is better when it is less busy, as once it fills it loses its special atmosphere. The new 10 charge seems a bit steep, I suspect they are trying to reduce numbers as it does get pretty packed on those days. Go for the cheaper option and see what you think. It's a place you have to visit at least once, no other club space like it in the country.
Thursday 18 September 2008 7.45am
It's worth a visit, but I think it's really lost its appeal in recent times, and on the weekends it can be decidedly hectic - not my thing, though it may be other people's.

The whole membership policy is a bit weird, and the management - though that's hardly the word - don't look after their paperwork terribly carefully. For instance, on one occasion I paid for a period of membership, was told the card would be ready for me when I next visisted, and was then told when I did visit again that there was no record of my having paid!
Friday 19 September 2008 8.54am
ok thanks for all the info,not sure how long it will survive if it so badly managed tho might pop in when it's quietish. to take a look...don't like the sound of the chaotic membership system, what with id theft etc it's not very reassuring!!
Friday 19 September 2008 7.15pm
It's only got a couple years anyway. Then they're being kicked out, which is a shame.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: