Looking for Christmas party venue for 100-150

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 17 September 2008 6.44pm
Hello there I run an Illustration agency here in SE! We moved here after thirty odd years of being in Soho, we moved here to SE1 over a year ago. As we are still not totally aware of all buildings or the venues here, We wondered if anyone had any ideas of halls or interesting places and venues to hold our annual Christmas get-together,because this year we want to hold it in the SE1 area our new home.
We want somewhere that can cater for 100 - 150 people, and is reasonably priced. In Soho we used to hire an old crypt which was perfect, but it is now priced out of our range.....If there is anyone out there that knows of anywhere that might be suitable we would love to hear from you.
Pub's, hall's, studios, bar's anywhere that looks rather arty and has the licence and approval to hold events would be great!
thankyou
Christine
Thursday 18 September 2008 9.10am
Hi Christine

I work for SE1's / London's Greenest Venue great space please send me a private message if interested

kind regards

Ros
Zoe
Thursday 18 September 2008 10.06am
It's not arty looking, but Christchurch on Blackfriars Road is cheap and has a large hall, plus a kitchen and some side rooms. Lots of people hold parties there.

I'm not sure about the cost, but Thai Silk has a large, and quite nice space upstairs, and Ev is a very big restaurant. They are under the railway arches on Isabella Street, just off The Cut, and both look really good from the outside as well, not arty, but with lots of greenery.
akd
Monday 22 September 2008 12.58pm
Check out the Downside Fisher Youth Centre on Druid Street. They have just remodelled it and it looks fantastic. The web is trainingforlife.org click on downside.
Also there was a great xmas party venue , Dickens christmas in London Bridge station - fantastic spot

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: