Finding a large dog crate locally

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Zoe
Wednesday 17 September 2008 10.06pm
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of a pet shop locally that stocks a good range of dog crates?

I have to get one urgently, as my dog has been diagnosed with a disk problem, and I have to give him complete rest for a couple of weeks, including leaving him in a crate when I'm not there, so he can't sneakily climb up on my bed (his most favourite place in the world) or the settee; and to protect him from my other dog, who trys to leap on him every time she sees him.

If anyone could recommend where I could find one nearby I'd be very grateful, as I don't want to delay in getting one.

If you know somewhere that could rent me one in the meantime that would also be great.

Thanks

Zoe
Thursday 18 September 2008 8.14am
Pet's at Home? There one at 100 Blackheath road, 0208 469 9130. Make sure there is enough room heightwise and for him to sprawl with his paws out both forward and back, my daughter has english springer who used a crate, but when she had hip replacement she had to be hobbled, my daughter had to buy another crate that is massive..and because she has to stay crated unless walking on a lead to toilet only for a couple of months, had to enquire about a memory foam mattress which apparently is 40.

looked at the website and they start from 29.00
hope your doggies okay,

Jan the old dog lover!
Zoe
Thursday 18 September 2008 11.01am
Hi Jan,

Thanks for the advice, Pets at Home do seem to have some large ones. I am a bit worried about getting one that is big enough, particularly as I might have to sit in it first, to convince him to use it! I'm also having to throw away half my flat to make space for it. I wonder if someone would want three years worth or Which magazines!!

A memory foam mattress is a good idea, did her dog like it? Did she just buy a normal one and cut it down to size?

He also had a lumbar punch, so has a massive patch of hair shaved on his neck, plus his two front legs for the drips, he looks so pathetic.
Thursday 18 September 2008 1.38pm
I don't know Zoe, she only had the op.two weeks ago and i have not been up there since then.she's painted blue (dog not daughter!)and still had hobbles on which are ties between back legs she looks like a chaingang prisoner. I'll ask her where they were sold.
She lives in Derbyshire. The dog loves her crate and is happy to return to it after going in the garden. I think she knows then she's not going in the dog ambulance to the vets as she too must jump or run so getting her in a car would not be option.
Zoe
Thursday 18 September 2008 10.01pm
Oh poor her, I hope she's OK.

My dog will hate the cage, he'll think he's in prison!
Friday 19 September 2008 8.56am
sorry Zoe, I mean she must not jump, run, go upstairs! :-) a short imprisonment is far better than permanent pain and disabilty! but I know how she must feel never having been in one before..My daughter said Angel is now looking very depressed and sorry for herself, her two hour walks over the woods will not be before christmas...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: