Suspended board room table

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 18 September 2008 2.47pm
Hello! I'm new! I thought I'd make my first post an interesting one, so here goes...

Does anyone know why there's a board room table suspended (by crane) above the field behind Potter's Fields Park?

It looks like they're either having a board meeting with a bit of an edge, or playing poker - not sure which. One thing is for sure.. they've been up there for the better part of this afternoon!
Thursday 18 September 2008 5.15pm
I walked past on my lunch hour and had a look. Its a dinner table and the lorry beside it had dinnerinthesky.com in large letters on the side. The logo of an online betting company was painted underneath the dinner table so was probably another Potters Field publicity stunt. There were people up there having a posh lunch?
Thursday 18 September 2008 7.08pm
They were playing poker

www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/men/article4781416.ece
Friday 19 September 2008 10.17am
when I saw them, from the bus on the way home, they looked like they were all about to do a mass bungy jump.
Saturday 29 August 2009 6.40pm
The same table was above Jubilee Gardens today:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 31 August 2009 11.05pm
What happens if they need a wee?
Tuesday 1 September 2009 7.43am
underneath gets a golden shower!
Tuesday 1 September 2009 2.49pm
Hey guys,

I think this is to do with Betfair sponsoring the World Series of Poker Europe in Leicester Square later this month. If I remember correctly they did the same thing last year as well.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: