St Christopher House remembered

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3
Saturday 2 December 2017 12.19pm
Thanks, Robert Emmerson and Griff King-Spooner for joining me on my Memories of St Christopher House facebook page. It feels a little less lonely there now! :-)

Anyone else interested in joining us to reminisce and share memories of working there in MoD or MoT or its successors, between circa 1959 and 2003, you will be made welcome!

Even if you didn't work there, you may have memories of the effects of working/living in the vicinity of that massive late 1950s structure that you may want to share.

The building was there for over 40 years, and thousands of staff will have worked there during that time. The facebook page is there for those who wish to to to share their memories.
Tuesday 5 December 2017 7.54pm
I just found this 1952 aerial photo of Bankside power station and the CEGB HQ building under construction. Note the virtual absence of buildings on the site of SCH and its successor buildings!

Thursday 18 January 2018 10.09am
Were there tunnels under SCH? When I worked there I was told there were MOD tunnels starting under the building, and I did go in the beginning bit of some kind of tunnels there but I don't really know now what they were.
Sunday 25 March 2018 7.36pm
Maartje, I've not heard of any tunnels,though I do have a vague recollection of some kind of sub-basement. Anyone else know?

You might want to join us over on the Memories of St Christopher House facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/239148686526617/
Pages:  Previous1 2 3
Current: 3 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network