Pie n mash

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 20 September 2008 9.56pm
Hi ,i,m planning a visit to SE1 next year ,been away since i was twenty one , and now want to see this new Bermondsey of yours.
So can anyone tell mee if theres any of the old pie n mash shops left , especialy in Tower Bridge road

Sunday 21 September 2008 7.23am
Sunday 21 September 2008 2.02pm
There's one downstairs from here next to the bookies.

In fact, not just pie and mash, but pie and mash and eel! Just over the border into SE16 on Southwark Park Road.
Sunday 21 September 2008 8.32pm
Ta for that beingjdc .
Just a thought but they all use to do the eels didnt they .
Remember having stewed eels with ,me pie mash,
n liquor ,oh yeah and a nogging ,magic

Sunday 21 September 2008 11.31pm
I'm pretty sure Manze's in TB road does eels too. there's always a queue at lunchtimes, they even have a little roped off area in front of the shop to keep the queue in order!
Personally, I've never really liked pie and mash... now if anyone can recommend a good fish and chip shop....
Monday 22 September 2008 7.50am
The southwark park road one even though it states pie and mash aint.. the dish served has as much resemblence to same as i do to twiggy!

dont waste your money, i think they do other food which probably is better.

Manzes is nice, though not as good as old man joyces that used to be in tower bridge road, near where haddon hall is.
Monday 22 September 2008 8.08am
Jan , i use to love Joyces you,d stand at the counter ,waiting to get your food and they would be preparing the eels in front of you ,
In either of the pie n mash shops you could bump in to people such as ,Tommy Steele,Wee Willy Harris,and others,i knew tommy at school ,we went to Bacon school for boys ,in Grange road ,
Jan to you remember buying hot jam doughtnuts just down the road from Manzes

Monday 22 September 2008 11.31am
Edwards...saturday morning coming out of trocette saturday morning picture..no health and safety then. cooked in large deep trays of boiling hot fat/oil then fished out with wire basket then tossed in hot sugar...mummm
Monday 22 September 2008 12.31pm
Jan, we must have seen each in these places ,swimming baths ,Edwards ,and the ever wonderful saturday mornings at the Troccete ,pure bliss wernt it lol

Tuesday 23 September 2008 12.06am
Oh the hot jam doughnuts! (drool)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: