Where to buy a Christmas Tree?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 16 December 2003 2.14pm
Hi - anyone know where I can buy a real christmas tree (about 6ft say) near Lambeth? I'm near Black Prince Road, and don't have a car, so it needs to be within walking distance.

Tesco and Sainsbury's don't have them, and I don't know any markets other than Borough which is a good 2 mile walk (no fun with a 6ft tree!)

Thanks!
Andy
Tuesday 16 December 2003 4.48pm
Free delivery in central London from these people...

http://www.buyatree.com/about_us.html

I've not used them but heard they are good.
Tuesday 16 December 2003 4.53pm
look below - there's a previous thread with the same Q and some good answers

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Tuesday 16 December 2003 6.35pm
thanks heidi and crapmaker - I ended up picking one up from a florist near hesters the butcher on kennington lane (got a 6ft one for 20 quid, not bad).

I did try searching for "christmas tree" and "xmas tree" using the forum search but had no luck :)
Wednesday 17 December 2003 12.22am
The other thread is in the Chatter section...

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read.php?f=2&i=1875&t=1875

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 17 December 2003 7.53am
In Derbyshire theres an organisation where you can hire a living christmas tree- five pound a foot, the advertisement said save a tree....I think the savings also occur in the traders pocket!

jan
Wednesday 17 December 2003 8.00am
This is too late for Andrew but may be of interest to others:

Roots and Shoots are now selling Christmas Trees. The centre will be open during the week 10am - 4pm and on Sat 6th and Sat 13th 10am - 2pm. On Sat.13th they will have the Brockwell Park Drummers and mincepies and mulled wine.
Roots and Shoots are located at Walnut Tree Walk (off Kennington Road). For further information please contact Roots and Shoots on 020 7587 1131.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network