Borough Medical Centre

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 23 September 2008 10.21am
Is anyone registered with this surgery? Can you tell me what the doctors are like?

I'm just a bit worried because I had a bad time with one of the receptionists this morning when I was attempting to register (but in fairness to her, she did let me register) - I'm just a bit concerned that the doctors may also have the same attitude problem...
Wednesday 24 September 2008 11.26am
I don't know this surgery, but experience suggests that the attitude of receptionists and the attitude of doctors working within a practice aren't necessarily at all similar. I generally find that receptionists at surgeries have a certain "manner" that doesn't make dealing with them especially easy. I guess they are used to having to put up with quite a lot of hassle and irritation, which may explain their demeanour.
Wednesday 1 October 2008 11.05am
I had a similar experience when I registered with this surgery when I first moved to the area in 2006.

The staff were rude and found it annoying to fit me in around their conversation. In addition, a young couple who spoke limited english were in the waiting room with me trying to get to see a doctor for their baby who had been vomiting all weekend and the staff were incredibly dismissive and bascially told them that the doctor was too busy. Fortunately at that point one of the doctors actually came through the waiting room and took them straight in. This has been my ongoing experience of this surgery, the doctors are ok but also fairly disinterested and everytime I ring for an appointment it is an ordeal.

I would recommend you call the Princess Street Group Practice who are taking new patients. They are very pleasant on the phone and have about 8 doctors including 4 female doctors.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: