Netball

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Wednesday 24 September 2008 10.23am
I'm considering setting up a "friendly" netball team in the SE11 (or possibly SE1 area) depending on where I can find premises, for women of all ages and abilities. It would take place in the evening due to the fact that most people now work. I'm wondering:

a) Whether a team already exists in SE1

b) Whether anybody on the SE1 might be interested

c) Whether anybody knows of any premises (I've already discovered the LSBU sports hall) in the "northern" part of Lambeth/Southwark boroughs

d) What people think it would be reasonable to pay to take part to cover hall/equipment hire (eg. 2 per session)

I'd like to start off as a friendly/keep fit team, looking to promote community and fun across different generations of women, but if it were really popular and people wanted to compete, there's no reason that it couldn't evolve.
Wednesday 24 September 2008 10.30am
The Colombo Centre's outdoor courts can be used for netball.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 24 September 2008 4.54pm
I would be interested - I loved netball at school but am very short so was sidelined early on in my secondary school career (v. sporty and competitive girls' school). Also, think a number of colleagues would be interested (we are based in Borough Road)
Wednesday 24 September 2008 4.59pm
It's good to hear that there's some interest!

I'm struggling to find an indoor venue (which is definitely necessarily for winter, and summers if they continue in this vein), but am awaiting responses from various people to see if their venues are available any night other than a Friday!!
Zoe
Wednesday 24 September 2008 6.15pm
Lots of people play netball outside at Colombo Centre, right through the winter.

If the people involved are local then they might offer it for free, with a worker to facilitate, as they offer the courts for free to local groups on an evening.
Wednesday 24 September 2008 10.07pm
i'd love to play... do work late though, what time were you thinking? No GS or GA for me tho.
Thursday 25 September 2008 11.03am
I'd love to be involved in this! (As long as I"m not centre!)
Monday 29 September 2008 1.44pm
I've got another two poss three people who'd be interested.. so how many's that?
Have we got 14 yet?
Monday 29 September 2008 1.57pm
Sounds like a really good idea. I'd love to be involved, Emma
Monday 29 September 2008 3.21pm
Sounds great to me, you can count me in! Natasha
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: