Jogging route East from Tower Bridge?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 25 September 2008 10.54pm
Whilst the jog along the Southbank is beautiful in terms of scenery, it's just far too busy unless you happen to be nocturnal. Does anyone have a good, flexible route perhaps east of tower bridge? Ideally it would be capable of being ramped up from 5-6k initially to 10k after a few weeks getting back in the groove.

All suggestions and routes welcome
Thursday 25 September 2008 11.58pm
eng2dp wrote:
Whilst the jog along the Southbank is beautiful in terms of scenery, it's just far too busy unless you happen to be nocturnal. Does anyone have a good, flexible route perhaps east of tower bridge? Ideally it would be capable of being ramped up from 5-6k initially to 10k after a few weeks getting back in the groove.
All suggestions and routes welcome

I often do the 'around Wapping" route,over TB then east along thames path.Alot quieter than the other way West but am I assuming you are looking for the Southside East for a jog rather than the North Side? Not sure I could spell out 10K but I think the route on the south side east is much more a Krypton Factor scenario :) Anyone else ?.best Trans
Friday 26 September 2008 9.41am
My usual running route is along Bermondsey Wall East, Chambers Streets, Rotherhithe Street, Redriff Road, Lower Road, Jamaica Road and back along Abbey Street to Bermondsey Street. It's a nice 9km run and so much quieter than going west.
Friday 26 September 2008 1.08pm
Have you thought about running to Southwark Park? It's quite nice to run around and means you don't have to run solely on concrete pavements. This mightn't be the best way to get there from Tower Bridge but something like this:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2292873

If you wanted to increase it to 10k you could do two (or three?) laps of the park.
Sunday 5 October 2008 10.57am
Whilst training for the marathon I found that the only decent long route was to run east along the Thames Path. I think it's about 6 miles if you run from Tower Bridge to the point where you directly face Canary Wharf and back, and about twenty miles if you can make it all the way to the Thames Barrier and back.

Plus sides of the Thames Path running East:
- varied views, architecture
- quite quiet
- very little road running/ pollution
Down sides:
- It's easy to get lost if you don't have a map for at least the first run.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: