Southwark Council.......what a joke

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10
Saturday 27 September 2008 7.54am
im sick of puttin up with poor repairs and shabby service off southwark council.

how can southwark council still be tipping money away an getting away with it .... lived in southwark all my life ( all 27 year of )an now itching to get out to a proper run Borough.......
Monday 29 September 2008 7.37am
Nicky what did they do so badly? and did you complain after? I am turning into victor meldrew lately, I moan about everything! :-)
Monday 29 September 2008 12.39pm
I have called the council so many times about them delivering a wheeliebin to me and still it has not turned up. I call them once a month on average and have been doing so for the last four years. Still. No. Bin.

In the meantime, as I have no storage facility inside my flat, I am forced to put my binbags (neatly) on the street where rats etc, attack them in the night and spill mouldy stuff all over the pavement. I live in fear of being challenged for 'fly-tipping' but what else can I do?!
Monday 29 September 2008 12.39pm
Call them every day?
Monday 29 September 2008 1.15pm
When i was doing an induction course a few years ago, on the 1st day we were asked to think of an incident involving poor customer service and discuss it. There was around 20 of us and the amount of people (including myself) that had put southwark council was a joke! I have had numerous dealings with them over the years, glad to say i'm not with them anymore. I hope you complained nickyd.
Monday 29 September 2008 1.43pm
4 Years? I'd collect my rubbish and dump it on the steps of the town hall..addressed to the chief exec.!
Monday 29 September 2008 5.34pm
well, trying to talk to someone insouthwark council taht will take responsibility, is nigh impossible.
I've been paying into the same bank account for quite a few years now, paying the council tax.
southwark changed their sort code in may/june and 'lost' two of my payments.
they did not advise that they were changing their bank account details, so I advise others on here, to check the state of their accounts in case your money is 'missing in action' as well.

I know I'm not alone.

and they still havenot provided the correct sort code on the backs of the reminders nor to the banks with whom we do phone banking with.
Monday 29 September 2008 6.00pm
I've given up asking for very simple things like recycling boxes and 'no junk mail' stickers. I get nice replies to say "sorry you've not received them, we've sent some more to you!", but nothing ever arrives. So I've made my own (sticker, not recycling box).
Monday 29 September 2008 8.45pm
I have always emailed the council since receiving a tip off that this would get a much better response. It has worked for me in getting a new wheelie bin in a few days and most recently getting a new blue paper recycling bag. Try the email route - I guess it leaves a paper trail and this gives more of a sense of traceability
Tuesday 30 September 2008 7.39am
Gaffer I would be interested to know where you can get no junk mail stickers, we are inundated with,chinese,indian all areas of the world, now it's not that I dont use them but because it's a house they deliver two or three of everything! so the No Junk Mail stickers sounds great. I found a sticker for the front door saying No Circulars but I think not many people now days know what a circular is..
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next
Current: 1 of 10

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: