Incompetent drivers.....GERRRRR..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 27 September 2008 12.26pm
When i drive around long lane going up to Borough high street on rout to the elephant and castle i am sick of getting cut up by incompetent driver's that think they can use the outside lane (left turn only) to jump in and turn right leveing the 4th car to hover in the middle of the road or in the lane for marshalsea road witch is strat ahead.......AHHHHHH

it makes me so mad when u get some dam rude drivers useing the out side lane to skip everyone thats been waiting makes me want to get out my car and block the road an unlode a would make my day to see an incompetent driver Write Off there beloved be the one in the car behind you lol'ing haha shame
Saturday 27 September 2008 5.13pm
I've followed police cars. fire engines, buses and assume that most locals to use this left lane as the present scheme is probably the single worst bit of road re-design in our borough. If people didn't use both lanes then only half the cars would exit Long Lane at this junction. It is no more dangerous than the behaviour of cars using the right lane who separate out into three lanes and block the road here too. I would suggest taking a chill pill and take your place in the ridiculous cross road queues that would occur however many lanes the cars use. I'm not even sure it is illegal to turn right here anyway as there are no traffic signals on each lane only a faded arrow on the floor, usually covered by queueing traffic.
Saturday 27 September 2008 7.41pm
I find it quite annoying that you can't go right at this junction from the left hand lane, hardly any cars get through on the lights, causing unnecesary queues, and I can't really see the point of having a left turn only lane. I always use the proper lane, as it's marked this way, but I don't think it should be.

However, I'm not so annoyed that I can be bothered to do anything about it, like write to the council, but maybe someone else is annoyed enough to do it...
Monday 29 September 2008 10.25am
Got to go with Jerry and Zoe on this one. The few cars that do get out invariably seem to block all 3 lanes heading North. I understand nickyd you might feel a bit frustrated by this junction but you should maybe think about venting it at Southwark and TfL's road planning officers beacuse it really is an extreemly poorly designed scheme.
Monday 29 September 2008 11.49am
[cat..pigeons] just wanted to point out that arrows on the road are NOT mandatory. You are not obliged to go left where there is a left turn arrow painted on the road.

Of course, that's no reason to drive without consideration for others.

However, taking the path less trodden is often the way to make best progress, and if you can do that without inconveniencing anyone, then is that a bad thing?

In my very unscientific survey of driving in the capital, I'd say that a major cause of potential accidents and delays comes from people thinking that they've got a "right" to do something, even when it's plainly nonsensical and against the geater good for them to insist on that "right". IMHO, we'd be safer and quicker if we used a bit of common sense to override what we perceive to be our rights from time to time.[/cat...pigeons]

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 29 September 2008 12.19pm
An alternative route would be to take Wilds Rents to get to Great Dover Street and avoiding Long Lane traffic lights altogether
Monday 29 September 2008 12.35pm
I'm sure everyone living there will appreciate that....not. There are far too many "rat-runs" in the area and the amount of traffic in general is detrimental to the area.
Monday 29 September 2008 1.12pm
The particular problem with "obeying" the arrows and staying in the right-hand lane is that you get forced into the lanes to take you straight ahead or right at the GDS/BHS junction; if you want to turn left onto BHS, you then have to cross three lanes of traffic which never moves in a fashion to create natural 'gaps' - you have to force your way in, almost. Then, when everyone does manage to get moving, they encounter the world's most badly positioned pelican crossing [between the station and Starbucks ]. The conspiracy theorist in me believes that junctions of this ilk are deliberately engineered to p*ss people off sufficiently that they stop driving altogether.

THAT said, I believe this bit of road, if it's not "fixed", is a strong candidate for a box junction and a box junction camera, because people do resort to behaving very selfishly when they reach it (no doubt out of teeth grinding frustration).
Monday 29 September 2008 3.03pm
i think it is a very dangerous junction-i almost hit someone in the left hand turn lane as i went to go accross to the far lane on turning right as i wanted to take a left in GDS into BHS but a car in the turn left lane tried to swing in front of me -he ended up partly on the pavement and could easily have badly hurt some one.

I think they need to open Trinity Street to relieve some of the pressure of traffic in GDS and Long Lane which is really bad in the mornings.
Monday 29 September 2008 6.59pm
I second the motion to open up Trinity Street. I never understood why one of the widest through roads in the borough was shut! It was never a rat run, it was a genuine through road, a palpable difference, and with room for parking both sides. I always though the closure smacked of over achievement by the well heeled residents association over the general local population.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: