Weed cover...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 29 September 2008 7.15am
The cretin who tried to break into my home told the police that he thought the place was deserted because the state of the garden being overgrown etc! so my son came down for the umpteenth time and hacked it all back , telling me it's pointless as it will all grown back unless I cover it up with that black stuff or spray with weedkiller which he know that I was not keen to do!

As he worked like a Trojan for five hours I thought I had better agree, considering most of my garden consist of a builders yard with pockets of soil it's amazing how much can grow so well.. when it comes to weeds that is! Has any one else used it here?
Monday 29 September 2008 7.32am
Sorry to hear you had someone try to break in!!

What about planting some sort of slow-growing ground cover?
Monday 29 September 2008 7.51am
Nettles were everywhere, brambles, and horror of horrors, bleeding chinese lanterns that I had dug every single bit up 5 years ago, must have left a bit of the runner root in.. It was in May he tried..even though they identified him within a day or two, they only caught up with him last week as he was illegal immigrant he had no permanent address. there was a delay as they needed translator too..he will be deported after..yeah right...the poor police must tear their hair out sometimes..
Monday 29 September 2008 11.38am
So if he thought it was deserted, was he trying to steal things or squat?

(Sorry to go off-topic. Just curious!)
Monday 29 September 2008 12.49pm
He told the police he wanted to stay somewhere..thats why he ignored the dry shed with the chairs, blankets in which was not locked...and broke the kitchen window lock and pulled the door so hard the metal snapped in two!

He said he did ring the doorbell first..no one answered, well it was bank holiday week-end...

Can't moan really first time in nearly three decades....he was probably on drugs.
Monday 29 September 2008 7.48pm
Yikes. What a pain.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: