Tower Bridge Road's former tree

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 30 September 2008 3.41pm
I frequently walk by the site of that tragic bus crash in May:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3317

How long do you suppose it will take someone to do something about the large hole in the pavement and to remove the fencing from around it? It's only been four months, I know, but it doesn't seem as though it's that big a job.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 3.45pm
Please see "Southwark Council....What a joke" thread.....this is typical and no-one, but no-one, will take responsibility for it. They will refer it to the "technical team" and then it will become a complaint......
Tuesday 30 September 2008 3.51pm
There's probably a Transport for London element involved here, as it's part of their road network so the tree belonged to them (IIRC).

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 3.52pm
Hmm. I wonder if the hotel it's in front of has tried to do anything. It's such an eyesore.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 4.29pm
Tower Bridge Road is a red route, part of the Central area, managed by another company on behalf of TfL, works carried out by yet another company.

an internet search finds this pdf which shows the central red route area. RingwayJacobs Ltd are managing this area. the pdf has a phone number to ring to report a fault.
Tuesday 30 September 2008 8.23pm
Ooh, good sleuthing! I will try to call them tomorrow.
Wednesday 19 November 2008 9.17pm
I was at the westbound 188 and 381 bus stop in Tanner Street this evening, next to the Arnold Estate.

Six months later the bus stop still carries a notice saying that the 188 is unable to serve that stop because of the accident in Tower Bridge Road.

I wonder how many people are misled by the sign and don't bother waiting at the stop?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 26 November 2008 7.18pm
Poor tree.
Friday 6 March 2009 12.54pm
I never got around to calling anyone, but last month I emailed the mayor's office to ask about the hole in the ground (prompted by an article on this site). I got this reply yesterday:

I would like to thank you for your email to the Mayor dated 12 February 2009. The Mayor's office has asked that we reply to your email with reference the Mayor's street tree initiative.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply to you.

I can inform you that we are in the process of arranging for a tree to be planted at Tower Bridge Road.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding this matter and I trust that this addresses your concerns. Should you require assistance with any further issues, please feel free to contact us.

Yours sincerely

XXXXX
Customer Service Advisor - London Streets
Transport for London
Surface Transport Communications

So, that's sorted, then. (Ha ha.)
Friday 6 March 2009 1.09pm
but he sent you five kisses ..
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network