extra height... [Tabard Square tower]

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 18 December 2003 11.39am
I understand that Berkeley Homes have just submitted two applications in parallel to increase the height of their Tabard Square tower from 21 to 28 storeys.

I thought people might be interested as after hard negotiatiations with local residents, they reduced their initial plans down to a 21 storey tower - now it is taller than before.

You have 21 days to get your objections (or support statements in).

on your marks...
Thursday 18 December 2003 11.53am
clever old berkeley - just happens over the christmas period....half the departments at southwark are closed, will planning be open I wonder?

jan
jac
Thursday 18 December 2003 12.02pm
I wonder what the tower will look like.

Personally I prefered the look of the original higher tower which seemed slimmer and more elegent than the second more squat tower. So perhaps it wont be a bad thing.

However it does seems a pretty sneeky way of going about things typical home builders.
Thursday 18 December 2003 12.16pm

Berkeley Homes do seem to have some fins...
Thursday 18 December 2003 12.18pm

I have to say that personally I am not sure if 28 storeys is much worse than the 21 storeys - when the whole (huge) development is really massive and will dominate the local area. Bit like the Jam Factory (imho).
Thursday 18 December 2003 1.07pm
I received this from the West Bermondsey Community Forum yesterday:

Quote:
Dear West Bermondsey Resident:
The developers of “Tabard Square,” Berkeley Homes, has submitted a new planning application to request that the proposed tower on the project be permitted up to a height of 28 stories. (The project is bounded by Long Lane, Tabard Street, Sterry Street and Southall Place.) As you may know, residents of West Bermondsey were successful in having the number of stories reduced from 28 to 21. Therefore, it may be of great concern to you to know that the developers have now submitted another application to undo the work of concerned residents. The application is not yet valid because it is lacking certain documents and no planning committee date been selected to hear the item. The planning department does plan to conduct consultations in the area.

If you would like to express your concerns over this issue, please attend the next West Bermondsey Community Forum meetingon 13 January 2004. That meeting will be held at Hankey Hall, Hankey Place, off Manciple Street. The meeting will begin at 6:30 and this item is placed first on the agenda. Possible actions to challenge this application will be discussed. Your attendance is greatly appreciated. ALternatively, you may contact the West Bermondsey Community Forum for further information on020 7403 9683, or email us at WBForum@tiscali.co.uk

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 18 December 2003 3.18pm
Beware! since the Renzo Piano Tower has been given the green light it's all stations go for TALL BUILDINGS.

Ken wants the Tabard Square tower to be 30 stories.

Planning application has not been registered as yet if you want to know more contact the Southwark Planning Dept. Tel: 020 7575 5438

Modigliani
Thursday 18 December 2003 3.35pm
thought you were in the van for tall buildings modigliani?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Thursday 18 December 2003 3.52pm
I bet Ken like 30 storey buildings....his nice house is nowhere near/under any modern monstrosities.....

jan
Friday 19 December 2003 11.49am
Where does he live Jan?

Since we're not supposed to go to watch the fireworks in SE1 on New Yr's Eve, maybe we should go round to Ken's for a knees up at his place.

I'll bring the eels, but someone else will have to sort the Joanna

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: