Seizure

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 3 October 2008 2.03pm
Has anyone been to Seizure? It's absolutely brilliant. On Harper Road there's an old 1-bed flat that was filled to the brim with copper sulphate solution for two weeks. When they drained it, every surface was covered in beautiful blue crystals.

It's free and is there till the start of November. Highly recommended!

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/whatson/event/5093/seizure
Friday 3 October 2008 2.36pm
I went and was distinctly underwhelmed, I have to say. Especially by the really grumpy people staffing the site. And I had to wear wellingtons - fair enough - and they didn't have my size, so I had to wear a much smaller size, which made me feel like a Russian army recruit (see Anna Politkovskaya).
Friday 3 October 2008 2.41pm
Don't get the connection...
Sunday 5 October 2008 1.08pm
I like it. Though with all that effort to get the crystals they could have done more with the lighting.
Sunday 5 October 2008 6.26pm
Can you wear your own Wellingtons?
Sunday 5 October 2008 6.34pm
Yep. You might get to queue a bit less if you do.
Sunday 5 October 2008 7.26pm
You're going to have to explain the Anna Politkovskaya connection, I don't get it either. Was she assassinated in wellington boots that were too small for her?!
Thursday 9 October 2008 11.44pm
Tate has done a video podcast about Seizure:

http://www.tate.org.uk/tateshots/episode.jsp?item=16699

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 10 October 2008 11.47am
One of Politkovskaya's most incendiary articles was about a Russian soldier who died after being made to wear boots that were much too small for him. Her willingness to write about the culture of bullying in the Russian army was one of the main things that earned her disfavour with the FSB et al.
Friday 10 October 2008 11.52am
And now you're worried that Roger Hiorns is going to have you assassinated?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: