Village East

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 3 October 2008 5.15pm
have just read all the gripes abt The Garrison and thought i'd also just say that Village East is prob worse in comparison..the food is very mediocre but very expensive and the tables are squashed so close together it is ridiculous, the staff also seem to rush you and are not particularly friendly or welcoming, you just feel as if you are part of a conveyor belt of diners, ie next...etc...very poor service in that respect and not a relaxing or pleasant experience at all...it does seem full but prob lots of folk just checking it out as we did, but haven't been back since..
Friday 3 October 2008 7.26pm
I ate there recently and found it fine, on the whole, although really noisy in the part of the restaurant we were in.
Friday 3 October 2008 8.26pm
I think everyone on this forum knows that they (Garrison and Village East) are run by the same people. You obviously seem to have a problem with them - grow up, people like you live in Clapham, not SE1, go home
Friday 3 October 2008 8.29pm
Wow, rude much?
Friday 3 October 2008 8.30pm
Whilst restaurant gripes are not the most scintillating forum topic, I don't think your rude response is called for, frenchy.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 3 October 2008 8.51pm
No, I have lived here for two years now having unfortunately missed a couple of years before when I moved to the north west for work. Before that I lived in SE16. I feel privileged to live in this part of London. It saddens me when I read unsubstantiated negative reports on what I regard as some of the 'first movers' who have made SE1 such an interesting place and drawn people from all over the world to visit (see NOTW a couple of weeks ago). We have all been to places when it is not what we hoped but I think the correct place to address those problems is in person not degenerative posts on a public forum. Not connected I just love pubs, restaurants and SE1.
Friday 3 October 2008 9.08pm
frenchy wrote:
We have all been to places when it is not what we hoped but I think the correct place to address those problems is in person not degenerative posts on a public forum.
Fair enough - if you'd said something along those lines in your original post I think it would have been a lot more helpful - and less aggressive - for everyone!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 3 October 2008 10.51pm
yes but if somewhere isnt very good then just say it and save us all the bother of going there... if The Garrison and Village East are expensive and not very good they will either have to improve or they will go out of business...thats how things go people
jw
Friday 3 October 2008 10.52pm
I have to say that I went to Village East and the staff were incredibly friendly. We were sat both times in the quieter part round the corner rather than the main restuarant but they were really lovely.

As someone who used to work in the bar/restaurant industry I couldn't fault the service. The food was great too although I do think it was over priced.

We were given a glass of champagne each just to say "hey thank you for coming here and welcome" on our first visit

While the "host" had an attitude that verged on rude, the waiting staff were great
Friday 3 October 2008 11.13pm
why are londoners so happy to accept "overpriced"?? no meal for 2 with a botle of wine should EVER cost more that 100
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: