Wednesday 19 November 2008 11.21am
This month's People's Republic of Southwark mini eco-fair is taking place on Sunday 23rd November, 12-5pm at The Spike (39b Consort Road, Peckham SE15 2PR), an amazing space which has been running a sustainable arts and community project for 10 years now.
Things to look forward to this month:
- Bring & take event: if you have any small, easy to carry household items (clothes, toys, books, dvds, similar) that you do not need any more, bring them along and give them to someone else, or pick up anything you might need. Please do not bring any electrical or bulky items.
- Hear about and taste the invisible food (wild food project)
- Learn first hand how a sustainable community can operate in an inner city area
- Prepare your allotments, gardens or pots for spring with the seed swap: if you have any surplus seeds bring them along and exchange them for different ones
- Take part in an art project
- Listen to some live music
Or simply come along and have a look at what we're doing
See you there
People's Republic of Southwark
We are now looking for venues for next year's events, to take place last Saturday of every month. The venue would need to be a free one, community space/gallery/anything - if any of you know of any, drop us a line