Library

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
frn
Monday 6 October 2008 5.11pm
Hi,
I'm looking for a library which is opened till late in se1, I have to study for an exam, I work during the day and as I'm sharing my place it's too noisy to study properly.
Thank you for your help!
Monday 6 October 2008 5.41pm
when I was a student at South Bank University - I had a similar problem. Found an easy and cheap solution - foam ear plugs!

Seriously, I could have peace and quiet to study on demand when I wanted it. No more being worried about the racket next door!

I ended up sleeping with them in to always get good nights sleep - especially before exams. Paid dividends.

Top Tip - Boots the chemist sell there own brand of brown coloured foam earplugs, which are exactly the same as the more expensive bright yellow "earFit" (made by EAR) in my link above.
Monday 6 October 2008 6.04pm
SE1 is not well off for public libraries - especially with John Harvard Library closed for refurbishment and Waterloo Library having limited opening hours.

Two previous similar threads may have some useful suggestions:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/86462
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/79251

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
frn
Tuesday 7 October 2008 2.46pm
In fact it's also a problem of space, not only noise so the ear plugs are not so efficient for that :)
If anybody has other options, they are more than welcome!
Tuesday 7 October 2008 6.21pm
Royal Festival Hall? No books but open late and lots of space (and wi-fi?)
Wednesday 8 October 2008 12.24pm
If you are at any London university you are usually admitted into any London university library (but not to borrow books).

There will be libraries at the Guys campus of Kings College, South Bank University, and the London College of Communication.
frn
Wednesday 8 October 2008 2.00pm
I'm not in any London universtity...
Anyone has any comments on the royal festival hall ?
Is it noisy ? what are the horaries ? Is it ok to just go there with books and study ?
Thanks a lot for your answers
Monday 13 October 2008 12.16pm
festival hall Poetry library on level 5 has study areas and is open till 8 pm tue - sun

if you plan to use it on a regular basis
itd probly be best to ask if its ok with the librarians

ps whats the exam?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: