Pub on the corner of Lynton and Dunton Roads?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 9 October 2008 3.15am
does anyone know what the white pub on the corner of Dunton Road and Lynton Road used to be called? and if there are any photos or records of it? cant find anything

thanks
Thursday 9 October 2008 10.22am
I think it was called Willows for a period. It was closed after a man was killed there.
Thursday 9 October 2008 10.44am
willows was the fellmongers in another guise wasn't it? that was down opposite the Vic
Thursday 9 October 2008 8.53pm
the fellmongers arms was on the corner of Willow Walk and Crimscott Street, but i dont think the building is still there however this one still is.
theres this list of all the pubs that used to be in bermondsey

http://historyofstratford.co.uk/LondonPubIndex/HistoryofPubsinLondon2.shtml

but i cant find it, but i do know that Dunton Road used to be called Upper Grange Rd in the late victorian era
Friday 10 October 2008 12.41pm
underwood_boom wrote:
does anyone know what the white pub on the corner of Dunton Road and Lynton Road used to be called? and if there are any photos or records of it? cant find anything
thanks
I think that it was The Sultan
Friday 10 October 2008 12.47pm
Apologies, The Sultan was on the corner of Lynton Rd. and St. James Rd.
Friday 10 October 2008 12.55pm
Tom Pepper wrote:
underwood_boom wrote:
thanks
I think that it was The Sultan

My mistake, wrong end of the street, could it possibly have been The Alscot Arms?
Monday 13 October 2008 1.12pm
the alscot arms was in Willow walk as well i think
Monday 13 October 2008 4.16pm
My suggestion is the Conquering Hero - there's a pub of that name in the 1915 Post Office Directory which seems to be in that position. Historical directories
Monday 13 October 2008 11.33pm
The pub nearest to Lynton/Dunton Rd which is on the corner of Setchell rd is the Claremont Arms
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network