Lighting shop on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 11 October 2008 3.14pm
Hello everyone,
My family have run the lighting shop on Tower Bridge Road for thirty years -however we are now closing! So if anyone needs some lights pop on down...

I have a blog about our little shop, which I hope entertains!

I suppose, writing not lighting my real goal!
Monday 13 October 2008 9.52am
Shame. There's nothing better than an interesting shop and yours is in an interesting stretch of shops. I enjoyed your blog, writing about lighting. Good luck with the text.
Monday 13 October 2008 11.37am
My grand-daughter used to drag me in to buy one crystal..and the lovely lady used to let her buy one! What a shame it's closing..
Monday 13 October 2008 11.42am
What a shame you're closing -- I bought a great black chrome floorstanding lamp from your a year or two ago.
Tuesday 14 October 2008 5.16pm
Indeed, a great shame. I may not have been your best customer but my 'Tiffany' Butterfly Lamp greets me in at night, thanks to you, and my lovely 'ethnic' lamp was repaired for some ridiculously small charge - AND your light-bulbs are cheaper than Tesco!

Thanks for being there. Warm wishes to you and Emily :-)
Tuesday 14 October 2008 5.19pm
....silly me, you are Emily, lol. Nice blog - love the pics.
Wednesday 15 October 2008 3.42pm
Oh no!
I'm sorry, I really like your shop.
I wish you all the best for the future.
Thursday 16 October 2008 12.09am
Ooh I didn't know I'd been moved to a separate thread!
I can't imagine not having the shop as it's been in my family all my life. And philpotts24 you've been a great customer - I would've blogged about u otherwise!!

Meanwhile if any of you know any publishers....

Love emily ( and jill, who hadn't realised I'd put any of this up on SE1!)
Thursday 16 October 2008 8.30am
Didn't even know you existed! TBR is not really in my area, but will be popping by this weekend. It always feels like a little death when a family run business closes its doors. I watched with a great deal of sadness as long established shops closd down one after the other in Islington, only to be replaced by estate agents and chains.

I love your blog and have joined your Facebook group, so no need to say goodbye:)
Thursday 16 October 2008 9.45am
What a shame. I've never bought a lamp in there, but I wouldn't know where else to go for brass light fittings; or for gold cloth-covered electric cable. Nicest shop on TBR by a long way.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: