Can you recommend a good childminder/nanny share in Walworth/Elephant and Castle/Kennington/Camberwell or nearby?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 12 October 2008 9.47pm
I return to work in January and I am looking for full-time child care around Walworth/Elephant and Castle/Tower Bridge/Kennington/Camberwell for my son who will be six months old by then. He is a cheery, easy-going chappie and I would love to find someone who is kind and caring. I have the list from Southwark Council, but so far haven't had much success. I would also consider a nanny share.
Help!
Jac
Monday 13 October 2008 10.36am
You could try looking at simplychildcare.com. I used them when they first started back in the mid 90s. Back then they were not internet based and covered only local area, but although they have expanded considerably sinceI can see that it is still operated by the same people. Basically it acts as a contact base, you advertise for the type of childcare you want and those offering childcare advertise the care they give. No conection except i found care for my changing childcare needs through them.
Monday 13 October 2008 11.42am
You could also post on this website to see if anyone can help (or knows anyone who can!)

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/boroughbabies/
Monday 13 October 2008 1.02pm
Also this site http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk/whitebox/childcaresearch.asp

Might be worth looking on the Lambeth site, as some of the areas you mentioned aren't in Southwark.

Also, ask if your local primary school, toddler group or GP would let you put a notice on their board

Good luck!
Monday 13 October 2008 8.42pm
thanks for all your messages - I wasn't aware of the Borough Babies group - I'll definitely give it a go.
This business is physically and emotionally exhasting!
Lucia
Monday 20 October 2008 9.02am
Hi

I am newly registered as a childminder and am looking to start childminding in Jan 09. I live near London Bridge. I have a 17 month old daughter and a 3 years old son. PLease contact if you would like a chat.
Wednesday 28 July 2010 10.28am
Hi,

I have just signed to this website to reply to you. Your post was posted long time ago, but are you still a childminder and are you still live in London Bridge.

Regards
Malgorzata Jedrychowska

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: