Roles & Relationships of those involed in the production & use of Tabard (Empire) Square

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 14 October 2008 5.44pm
Hi !!
I am an undergraduate student, and i am writing an report on the roles and relationships of those involed in the poduction and use of the Tabard square - or is it now called the Empire Square.

I was wondering if ayone who live in or around the square, or even just past by there to and from work or any other buildings users, to kindly tell me what they think about this development ??

Oh one other thing, this may sound like a stupid question - but are the apartments freehold or leasehold ??
Wednesday 15 October 2008 10.02am
I can't answer any of your questions, but this might be useful in your studies.

http://www.spellcheck.net/

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 15 October 2008 8.29pm
I would second that, Ivanhoe
Wednesday 15 October 2008 8.36pm
I'm all for encouraging good spelling, but I don't think such responses provide newcomers to this forum with a terribly good impression.

Anyone got anything helpful to add?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 15 October 2008 8.50pm
so much for free speech then..
Wednesday 15 October 2008 9.13pm
I'm with Ivanhoe. Similarly perhaps just one punctuation mark at a time.
Wednesday 15 October 2008 9.20pm
I'd rather that people felt free to speak without being picked up on their spelling or grammar, especially if they are less confident communicators or English is not their first language.

Particularly if their question is a serious, on-topic one.

People's 'freedom' to be as rude/cynical as they like I can do without.

(Not that I'm suggesting Ivanhoe intended to be rude to ResearchStudent - just that people should be thoughtful as to how their contributions might come across to someone not immersed in the ways of the forum.)

That said, I've always felt that it's a matter of good manners for people to take care about the presentation of their message if they expect to be taken seriously.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 15 October 2008 10.30pm
Dear all,

Thank you for all your comments.
I was not aware that presentation was that much of an issue in this forum. I was hoping that the content will be the focus of the discussion. (And thank you James for speaking so fairly).

Apart from my poor spelling, does anyone have anything they hope to contribute to the topic ?
Thursday 16 October 2008 4.14am
Well I am glad we have cleared that up

ResearchStudent - I have been living in Empire Sq for the past 2 years so if you have more specific questions, I would be happy to try and answer them (and I would be interested in knowing the reasons for them)
Thursday 16 October 2008 7.37am
Thank you Boroughmark for being so helpful !

My assignment is to find out about the roles and relationships of 'agents' involved in the the production of Tabard Square.
'Agents' include a large number of people, two of which are the users of the building and the general public. In other words, i am hoping to find out how users and the public influenced the production of Tabard Square.

so Boroughmark, do you think you influenced the producton of the tabard square in any way ??
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: