Midnight dinner suggestions?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 October 2008 9.46am
I need to take a friend out for a very late local-ish dinner tomorrow night, midnight or so. We don't mind cheap and a bit trashy, but we'd like to sit down rather than take away. Any ideas, other than fast food chains?
Thursday 16 October 2008 10.21am
I once went pretty late to a place right by London Bridge which did me a poor man's steak (sic) and seemed to be Latin American. I had had a skinful, I must confess, but I remember its being quite an amusing place, and the food was hearty, albeit hardly sophisticated. Sadly I can't remember the name of the place. (I went about three years ago.) I think it was accessed from the bit of Tooley Street that runs away north from Duke Street Hill.
Thursday 16 October 2008 10.24am
I don't mind venturing out of SE1, we are fine for transport, and I have been reading ecstatic reviews online of Meze Mangal in Lewisham. It's a Turkish place open til 3am at weekends. It's looking like we might go there.
Thursday 16 October 2008 10.50am
A hotel?
Thursday 16 October 2008 11.10am
Boheme on Old Compton St is open till 3 am.
Thursday 16 October 2008 12.04pm
Tower Kebab's on TBR is open until 2am on a Friday/Saturday night.
Thursday 16 October 2008 12.08pm
If you don't mind traveling out of SE1, Tinseltown in Farringdon is open 24 hours - American burger place http://www.tinseltown.co.uk/index.php
Thursday 16 October 2008 3.04pm
Buddha Bar, just under Waterloo Bridge, northern side is open until 4am and serves food until about 1am, I think. It's more than the average though.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: