New Year's Eve celebrations

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 30 December 2003 9.38pm
Hi all,

For anyone who hasn't yet made up their mind on where to go NYE, and is looking for somewhere glam, friendly and with some quality latin & soul infused house music, we still have some tickets left for

Dirty Havana
at the Southwark Rooms
60 Southwark Street
London SE1

The venue's themed cuban style, and we ask all to make an effort cuban style!!

Tickets on the door are 20, and with that comes a free CD, and reduced entry into the after party, rehab sessions at Sagitarious, Tooley Street.

Anyone who would like to come down, please call me on 07973 632 576, or turn up and say my name and your entryis secured!

Having been a 'lurker' and occasional poster over the past year, I wish you all the best for a very merry New Year!

Sophiex
Wednesday 31 December 2003 9.00am
advertising forum?

...there's plenty more c**** in the cup.
Wednesday 31 December 2003 11.23am
Carpmaker, just informing people of a cool place to celebrate NYE!!! James H, any problem with this?
Wednesday 31 December 2003 11.49am
Well, you could have posted it in one of the existing threads about New Year's Eve, rather than starting another one.

Though we do discourage commercial posts, I don't mind too much when someone like you who has a track records of contributions to the forum on other subjects posts a plug for an event they are involved with or whatever.

To my mind that is quite different from someone who signs up purely to post an advert, and/or isn't upfront about their affiliation to the event/company they are plugging.

The problem, of course, is that it sets a precedent and before we know it, everyone wants to plug their business/event on the forum...

Happy New Year!

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 31 December 2003 12.00pm
Point taken James :-)

With lots of my friends and family coming along I wanted to extend the invite to fellow SE1ers and let them know about a good thing going on close to home that doesn't involve travel, cabs etc.

Thanks, and a happy new year to you too!

Sophie
Jai
Wednesday 31 December 2003 12.10pm
and I'm pleased to hear about the event...

Varkenslachter
Wednesday 31 December 2003 1.34pm
Aah, thanks Jai, if you come down, come and say hello! I shall be the girl behind the decks at midnight!!!
Thursday 1 January 2004 7.15am
Just got back.... vv good atmospehere...great crowd....I would love to see this become a regukar event...another 25% WOULd hav e it perfect

k
Saturday 3 January 2004 11.56am
Thanks Kevin! Glad you had a great night. We'll be loading up photos from the party soon on the website, dirtyhavana.co.uk, so do check back to have a look and a laugh!

There is a possibility we could turn this into a regular event if there's enough demand, I'll keep you posted.

All the best for an excellent 2004.

Sophie

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: