Where were the fireworks on tv last night?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 January 2004 6.40pm
After all the ballyhoo about Uncle Ken's new year fireworks display, we decided to stay in and curled up in front of BBC1 at 11:30 pm on new year's eve to see them, but never saw anything more than a few quick scenes lasting a total of about 5 seconds on tvs scattered around the studio, whilst a music show was taking place.

What did we do wrong ?
Thursday 1 January 2004 6.43pm
Sky News and BBC News 24 both carried the London Eye fireworks live and in full.

See http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/777
Thursday 1 January 2004 6.50pm
Thanks James,

Not much use to those of us who don't subscribe !!
Thursday 1 January 2004 6.55pm
No subscription needed if you have a Freeview box!
Thursday 1 January 2004 9.23pm
Charles - As the fireworks lasted only about 2.5 minutes, maybe you saw more of them than you thought....

James - what's a Freeview box? I don't have a telly at all at the moment, largely because, on a low income, I'm not prepared to spend over 2 a week on the licence fee when so much of the terrestrial (I think that's what it's called) TV seems to be soaps & so-called reality TV, both of which I hate. But if I could get Sky etc for zilch, I'd think again. Can you or someone please explain, in simple language for people wot don't know anything about TV? Thanks
Thursday 1 January 2004 9.33pm
Hilary - I've started a new thread in the Chatter section to answer your question about Freeview

Post edited (01 Jan 04 21:58)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 1 January 2004 9.58pm
Psstt..... it's in the SE1 Discussion section.

Thursday 1 January 2004 9.59pm
Just realised my mistake and moved it from Feedback to Chatter!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: