Why do we now live in Lond and not London?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 1 January 2004 6.48pm
Have you noticed that lots of official signs around the place and on advertising boards and buses have logos for "Mayor of Lond on" ?

Am I missing something or is it just another example from the PR geniuses who advised the Post Office to change to Consignia ?

One thing for sure, the bill for this nonsense wasn't cheap and we are the mugs paying for it...
Monday 5 January 2004 2.41pm
Wasn't sure if this was a serious query, or a ironic rant.

If the former - it comes from the tourist campaign "Visit London" lauched by the Mayor in 2002, following the reduced tourist numbers in the aftermath of 9/11. Visit London is the new name for London Tourist Board and Convention Bureau - which has overall responsibility for promoting London as a tourist venue.

I think the "Totally Lond on" bit was part of a campaign which showed London as always having something "on".

If the latter, I'm not really in a position to comment on whether it's a good slogan or not - but I'm a fan of the Visit London website for info on non-SE1 events (http://www.visitlondon.com), and they recently voted Borough Market as best thing to do in London !

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: