How is Mint Street Park now?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 21 October 2008 7.01pm
hey there,
iam just in the process of moving to the area and so have been looking up what the situation is in the area.

In particular i was very interested to uncover the two separate threads about anti-social behaviour and violence around Mint Street Park. I was actually there at the weekend and noticed that the homeless guys and alchoholics are still there 3 years after the original thread- has the situation changed much since then?

I was kinda struck about a real sense of atmoshere around the park-and noticed the flowers tied to a lamppost at one end of the park-what happened there?

I was just really wondering if the situation had changed much-is the area still dodgy to go to on your own. I noticed someone doing a little bit of cleaning work there in the beds, which seemed to be unofficial, which together with the fun friday events are def the best way to reclaim the park for the area and make it the local peoples.

But whats the story with the homeless lads, is it still a bit volatile and whatever happened to this character colouramam man?

thanks now,
Monday 3 November 2008 11.40pm
hi there,
was wondering how things are around mint street park now-had read a blog thread which suggested things were pretty awful with drug abuse and general rowdiness but the thread just stopped in 2005.

i visited the park a few times over the last week and each time had junkies and/or winos sitting about-not really hassling anyone but pretty unpleasant for kids and people alone. It seems like nothing has changed despite the place getting a bit of a facelift and those fancy new apartments at one end. Has anything inproved? Is anyone doing anything about it? What was simon hughes' response to it?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: