Schoolboy fight

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 October 2008 8.01am
Well when I say a schoolboy fight which implies a few punches being swung in my day. normal scene in bartholomew street, loads of school kids jeering and egging each other one. Two black lads, one at least a head taller than the other, a small chap with his hair pulled back in a high pony tail. It was a vicious fight, with the bigger lad pulling the smaller one
down and smashing him in the face and then unbelievably it looked like he was BITING his back! I phoned 999 describing the scene and in my anger used some salty language when I saw the cheering crew take out their mobiles to film it...where upon the operator told me rather primly not to swear.. suitably chastened I told her I was going out there and she warned me against it..then abruptly the fight stopped. I cancelled the call..the smaller lad who I have to admit was a brave lad the fight he put up, then came down and sat on my wall with his , friends he took off his ripped shirt and asked his pal to check his back where the boy had bit him..

What sort of savages instill this behaviour into their kids? at least in the fifties men fought like men and a few dodgy characters got chivved...sickening the whole episode.. The were from Geoffrey renamed into the Globe academy...
Wednesday 22 October 2008 8.45am
Appalling - not least the detail, perhaps predictable but still to my mind shocking, that bystanders FILMED events.
Wednesday 22 October 2008 8.50am
Gosh, what a disgrace. Did you ever find out what the fight was about?
Wednesday 22 October 2008 10.00am
Apparently Jackie when I phoned the ordinary police line and got through to the desk another massive fight had also taken plane in Meadow row , off New kent road involving dozens of schoolboyboys, they had to call a few units to break it up, so in effect the police had two fights to break up..looking at the extreme violence between two schoolboys or in particular one of them, no wonder kids hop the wag from school or carry knives, it seems that the police cant cover every inch of our streets at school chucking out time.
Wednesday 22 October 2008 11.27am
>>it seems that the police cant cover every inch of our streets at school chucking out time.

Strangely enough. With, what 5,000? 10,000 school children in SE1 are you really proposing we have 500? 1000? extra police officers on the streets at 4pm?
Wednesday 22 October 2008 12.38pm
Dont be daft...course I dont...I'm on the side of the police every time, they must be so frustrated.
Wednesday 22 October 2008 12.41pm
Awful, sickening and cowardly.

I'm dismayed that the operator taking the call wasted valuable time correcting your english. I was an emergency control operator. Her whole attention should have been on what you were reporting. It isn't part of her duty to correct your language.

Regarding the assult, I'd rather people of any age had a verbal battle using 'bad' language than turn to physical violence. Most words considered foul are merely those which have been replaced with more modern equivalents.

Please people, don't post about how bored kids are and how there is nothing for them to do or nowhere for them to go as an excuse for their behaviour. It doesn't wash with me. Anyone using this excuse in 2008 needs their head examined.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: