Serious work

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 3 January 2004 11.59pm
apologies if this has been posted before. I need to find a good building firm (or builder) who can do / organise serious plumbing (new kitchen, bathroom, work on CH), plastering, flooring and also some painting and decorating.

Any recommendations of people to hire (or possibly to avoid)

(New Years resolution...)

ta.
Sunday 4 January 2004 8.52am
Elite Decoration & Construction
I can highly recommend Elite Decoration & Construction, 30 Elkington Point, Lollard Street, SE11 6TS Tel: 07961 412245. It is a small Turkish family business run by Sinan Yilmaz. They have completely redone the bathroom and kitchen in my neighbour's flat and the work is excellent. They also did an excellent job on the external decoration of our Georgian terrace. They also do all the maintenance of our building and other work for individual neighbours. Very nice chaps, very reasonable rates.

Also, if you need a plumber I can recommend Oliver Rebellato on 07748 986519.

While I am at it, an excellent electrician is Geoff Powell, GP Electronics on 07906 265785.
Monday 5 January 2004 3.03pm
Much obliged !
Thursday 8 January 2004 11.19am
My company 'Drum' carries out property refurbishment in and around Shad Thames and SE1 where I'm based. Kitchens, bathrooms, heating and flooring is what we do! I'll be pleased to meet with you and discuss you're plans and ideas, however we are very busy at the moment, so would not be able to start anything straight away. Can also show you some examples of work carried out, and supply details of previous customers for references etc.

Kind regards

Jonathan

07767 686 906
Thursday 8 April 2004 9.04am
While I am at it, an excellent electrician is Geoff Powell, GP Electronics on 07906 265785.

Sorry to have to update you that Geoff is going abroad indefinitely on Wednesday, so we have to take him off our list ...
Tuesday 13 April 2004 4.04pm

Cathy,

If it's not a rude question, roughly how much did the externals on your house cost to paint and how many storeys - I think I may have to do the same this year on mine, so I need to budget...

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Loafer
Tuesday 13 April 2004 4.10pm
Hi Loafer

I'm not sure now. It was communal between 6 flats, over 5 storeys. You could get a quote from Sinan and you'd still have time to save because they seem to have so much work on... A friend has had to wait a month to get her bathroom done!
Wednesday 14 April 2004 8.50am
I'd like to recommend a handyman: Levi Roberts on 07971 292321 or 020 8769 0313. He does carpentry, gardening, handyman, decorating. He has done some decorating and carpentry work for a neighbour, and some carpentry for me. He lives in Streatham. Nice chap, thorough and reasonable rates.
Wednesday 14 April 2004 9.53am
Cathy - do you have anything to do with these people? You seem to have a lot of contacts in the building trade...
Wednesday 14 April 2004 10.00am
Hi Mapmaker

No, just come across them and like to recommend good tradespeople when I find them. It's all word of mouth stuff. I did get a bunch of flowers from Geoff, the electrician, before he and his wife went abroad, to thank me for the business he had had by way of this site. So, thanks to everyone for those!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: