Shattering Shoe Shop Shock!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 23 October 2008 12.32pm
To my utter dismay, the Clark's Factory Shop in the Elephant & Castle Shopping Centre is CLOSING DOWN. I have not bought shoes anywhere else for years. Nor my family. Is this the beginning of the end???
Thursday 23 October 2008 1.04pm
That bit of alliteration ought to be introduced as part of drink driving test! My dentist is nearby the Clark's shop and so always had a good excuse to pop in and end up with yet another pair of Clark's finest but saving enough to treat myself to latte & muffin to recover.
Thursday 23 October 2008 1.31pm
That is bad news though i must admit I have tended to buy my nice sensible work shoes in there everytime I go so I do have quite a sizeable collection I will now have to work through

do they say why they are shutting?
Thursday 23 October 2008 2.41pm
Oh no! I get winter boots in there - they are so much more reasonably priced than elsewhere for leather boots. First Tlon Books and now this. Grrrrr...
Thursday 23 October 2008 5.37pm
Exactly. I'm gutted and I too asked WHY...no answer, they just are shutting on 23rd Nov. Buy now to avoid disappointment etc.,
Wednesday 12 November 2008 11.12pm
It's going to be a branch of 99p Stores - see planning application documents here

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 13 November 2008 8.05am
How absolutely awful. More tat. Really pushing us down market. I'm appalled.
Thursday 13 November 2008 9.53am
I think 99p Stores are great.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 13 November 2008 10.28am
I'm so upset about this! The Clarks shop is great, I've finaly kicked my student habit of buying cheap foot wrecking shoes and exchanged them for cheap comfy shoes, what will I do now? It's practically a public service!
Thursday 13 November 2008 3.34pm
Precisely! James, there are enough 99p shops already, and the market stalls sell enough tat.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: