Removals

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 27 October 2008 5.09pm
Can anyone recommend a good firm for short-haul house removals?
Monday 27 October 2008 7.02pm
Can't recommend Rumsey and Sons of Richmond (on Thames) highly enough. They did me a stress-free move to SE1, went way beyond the call of duty to help when my car broke down that morning, (tried to start it, found me a local mechanic/ car hire deal for the day), didn't charge extra for boxes I kept for weeks before unpacking (but did come and take them away when asked), and,because it cost less than fifty quid,when I rang up to claim for a scratched kitchen bin they sent a cheque instead of asking me to fill in insurance forms.It came within a week of my sending the receipt for the replacement, and was accompanied by a cheerful letter hoping I was now relaxed and happy in my new home.
Monday 27 October 2008 9.31pm
I did a move with bigvan.com from Docklands to Southwark this weekend, and was very happy with their service. I had a fair amount of stuff including some furniture - to do it myself would have required self-drive van hire, multiple trips, and a full day's work with friends' help. They worked hard and efficiently and did it all really fast! I had no complaints and would certainly use them again.
Sunday 9 November 2008 10.58pm
Graham of bigvan.com just moved a couple of beds between SE1 and North West London for me today. It went really smoothly and we had a good chat in the van on the way. Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations for bigvan here and on other threads - getting them to sort this out for me worked out well!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: