BYO Restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 29 October 2008 12.13pm
I love the restaurants/gastro pubs in and around Bermondsey Street and think there is a great deal of variety and quality on offer.

However, in these credit crunch times, I just wondered if anyone knew of any good BYOs in the local area?

Was in Oz last Christmas and it struck me that every other restaurant was BYO which meant you could have a good meal and enjoy a great bottle of wine without the usual restaurant mark up...

Haven't found any yet, and with a good wine merchant in 6 wines 8 on the doorstep, it would be good to know of one!

Thanks

G
Wednesday 29 October 2008 12.29pm
Simply Indian?
Wednesday 29 October 2008 12.59pm
Cafe Nawaz is BYO and the food is nice
Wednesday 29 October 2008 5.00pm
Agree 100% with boroughpaul
Wednesday 29 October 2008 5.30pm
As is the Indian on Long Lane at the BHS end.
Wednesday 29 October 2008 5.33pm
Thanks - will certainly give Cafe Nawaz a go.
Wednesday 29 October 2008 6.38pm
and the staff at Cafe Nawaz are always friendly...not something that can be said of Simply Indian
Wednesday 29 October 2008 6.50pm
Just to clarify, there isn't an Indian restaurant on Long Lane at the BHS end. This is presumably a reference to Simply Indian on Tabard St. See discussion elsewhere of the rather diminished standards there.
Thursday 30 October 2008 9.10am
What about La Fermata the Italian cafe on TBR? I haven't been yet in the evening but i think its a BYO
Thursday 30 October 2008 12.32pm
i would recommend Cafe Nawaz also, their food is amazing for the prices they charge
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: