London Road wipeout

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 30 October 2008 4.15pm
A car has careered off London Road by the first set of lights, through the fence and into the ditch in front of Southbank Uni. A truck is about to try and hoist it out of there. I'd stay and watch if it wasn't cold and wet. I didn't see it happen, but the caretaker here thinks it happened about an hour ago, and heard it was someone trying to commit suicide.

Traffic looks bad, so probably worth avoiding the area by car and bus for a while.
Thursday 30 October 2008 5.00pm
Isn't the word "wipeout" a bit tactless?
Thursday 30 October 2008 5.11pm
I guess this is the same vein of human nature which slows down at motorway accidents, delaying everyone and increasing the risk of more accidents, and annoying the emergency services, for a glimpse of blood and bone.
Thursday 30 October 2008 6.17pm
Blimey, I only meant it would be interesting to watch the truck haul the car out. There's no ambulance, blood, bone or anything. If there ever was. Which I doubt. And I'd be standing on the pavement. Where's the harm in that? I'd say it's more akin to the vein of human nature which leads people to watch the news on TV - you do watch the news?

I think some people lurk on his site for the sole purpose of criticising others at the first opportunity - I was trying to alert people to the traffic problems.
Thursday 30 October 2008 6.25pm
Thanks gaffer - I'll go see it in a bit. Hope I haven't missed it.
Thursday 30 October 2008 6.46pm
Absolutely gaffer, dont pay attention to all the over-PC people. I'm glad to understand why there was SUCH a jam on the way home!
Thursday 30 October 2008 6.53pm
no sign of anything untoward when i passed through at 5.50 ish. just the usual current jam caused by the highly irritating but necessary water pipe replacement.
Thursday 30 October 2008 10.01pm
Has there been another crash round there? Buses not driving down to elephant from Lambeth bridge area
Friday 31 October 2008 10.05am
There was another crash about 7pm ish at the junction of Lambeth Road and Kennington Road. I passed by afterwards and it looked quite serious.
Friday 31 October 2008 10.26am
Blimey.I'm staying home.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: