Queen's Buildings, Scovell Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 168 of 172
Monday 21 August 2017 6.55pm
Hi David I remember the proctors , the hothfield latters gave me so much grief when I was at school . I've seen the world on action DVD ( thanks to Sandra ) I think my mum would remember more names and faces from the programme . Can't say I remember Micky Campbell . Nice hear from you .
Tuesday 22 August 2017 8.24am
Sorry campwell think spell check strikes again .
Tuesday 29 August 2017 9.38am
Hi my name is Micky haworth I was born in 1947 at 227 scovell rd I have a brother Jim and sister Rita we left Queens Buildings in 1964 the families who lived in our block were the Coopers,Lushes,Babages,Gores,Copeland,and Rogers I was friends with John Westwood,Dennis springett,Terry Warner,Robert Young,David Neal we all went to Charles Dickens and then some of us went on to West Square,my brother worked at the United Friendly and sister at Letts Diaries.It would be nice to hear from anyone who remembers me or my brother and sister.
Wednesday 30 August 2017 5.16pm
Hi my husband is ron flack he lived in Queens buildings between 1955 and 1965. He remembers Jimmy haworth David neal and Robert gibbons..his younger brother is Alan flack who sadly passed away on Thursday 24th August 2017.
Wednesday 30 August 2017 6.43pm
Dear Lesley
So very sorry to hear that sad news about Alan I have very fond memories of him growing up in Queens buildings he was great friends with one of my cousins John Powell. I had some contact with Alan on friends reunited and then on this forum, I am sure everyone on here who knew Alan would like to send their sympathy to the family.
Sandra Goggin
Wednesday 30 August 2017 8.50pm
Thank you very much I will pass all messages on Alan's son and daughter . X
Wednesday 30 August 2017 11.08pm
Hi Gerry
I don't remember your sister Rita but do remember a Rita copeland who lived I Scovell rd, she had a brother who died very young. I worked at the untied friendly from July 1970 to Nov 1973 when was your. Brother there?
Thursday 31 August 2017 1.29am
Hi Sandra
It's not me who lived in queens buildings it was my husband Mick Haworth. He also worked at United Friendly between 1971 -1974 in the GB department in Blackfriars Road though. His brother Jim worked in Accounts and so did his wife Maureen Crosson. What department at UF did you work in? Is there any reunions coming up in the near future. Look forward to hearing from you?
Thursday 31 August 2017 3.34am
Hi Lesley my condolences to your family,thanks for replying the name Robert Gibbons I remember there also was a Nobby Gibbons who my brother Jim played cards with in the blocks,other names I remember were Rainbow Carruthers,Jimmy Hotchkis?Barry Smith and Alfie Hurt.
Thursday 31 August 2017 5.01pm
Hi Gerry
I don't remember your sister Rita but do remember a Rita copeland who lived I Scovell rd, she had a brother who died very young. I worked at the untied friendly from July 1970 to Nov 1973 when was your. Brother there?
Current: 168 of 172

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: