Queen's Buildings, Scovell Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 172 of 175
Sunday 22 October 2017 12.50pm
Hi Ron could you ask Norman if itís ok for you to pass on his number to me I would like to contact him see what happened to my dads half sister Joan and the rest of the macreas and see how there doing !
Tuesday 24 October 2017 8.43am
Ron I remember your wife Susan Brown, wonder would she remember me I was Sandra Feehan then lived end block next to the new flats in Collinson st, my mum was Mary she worked in launderette and dry cleaners in Gt Suffolk st for years. Where do you live you said maidstone way, we are in Borough green.
Mark you mention the dump next to The Ship why did we call it the jam roll, I remember climbing over the corregated iron to get in that dump/bomb site also remember a girl getting her finger sliced off on the iron climbing over. Shame about Booey and Alan I was friends with Alan on friends reunited,
God bless them both RIP
Wednesday 25 October 2017 8.01pm
Hi Sandra I have no idea itís the first time I heard that when I was reading previous post I havenít got a clue !
Friday 27 October 2017 10.06am
James Hatts wrote:
Fred has sent in another picture:

The caption says:
Winter evening over north facing facade of Queen's Buildings, Collinson Street SE1 1930s.

The immediate foreground is incidental but an attempt has been made to show topographical features of Collinson Street and the southern ends of both Toulmin Street and Bittern Street.

Lovely picture, thanks for sharing. Any chance we could get a higher resolution one, or am I asking for too much?
Wednesday 1 November 2017 10.07pm
Hi Ron have you a sister called Rita if so you might remember my family name Haworth ( Mick, Jim, Rita ) we lived Scovel Road opposite the arch.
Wednesday 1 November 2017 11.21pm
Hi Gerry
Yes I do have a sister Rita she is well and lives in sidcup, she is 10 years older than me so she was nearer the ages of your family, but I do remember Jim and Mick even though they where older, we lived above the off licence the entrance to our block was under the arch and behind the off licence.
Thursday 2 November 2017 5.29am
Hi Ron sorry to hear about your brother John and also David Neal we all used to play together when we were kids had some great times,and memories.Please remember me to your sister.
Sunday 17 December 2017 6.10pm
Merry Christmas to all you queenies past and present happy 2018 to you all .
Friday 29 December 2017 11.31am
Go to BFI and search London Fire Brigade Drill Budget 266-2.This will reveal a 1916 film scene of Br Rd Southwark viewed from (susopect ) first floor of the LFB Headquarters. Through the smog Queen's Bldgs can be seen towering above it's neighbours
Friday 29 December 2017 11.46am
Mention of that block and immediately hear one of it's inhabitants, probably early post war years, traversing his way weekly across the middle square from pub,blind drunk singing his own version of a well known song "f*** 'em all, f*** the long and short of 'em all".
Current: 172 of 175

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network