Queen's Buildings, Scovell Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Current: 173 of 175
Sunday 14 January 2018 3.17pm
hello all,i found this site by accident, but so glad i did.reading through all the posts brought back memories,like the evelina childrens hospital, i loved that rocking horse .I also had relatives that lived in queens buildings, my mum and dad lived with my nan at 27 queens buildings stones end street 1953,my mum and dad were john(jack)and maureen roberts my nan emma roberts.Also before she was married her name was mcduel and she lived at 30 montaque street ,and at various times with her mum and dad, i had great uncles also mcduells living at 68 collison street , i also vaguely remember a great uncle? john dryden at 12 queens buildings ? .My mum and dad moved to bazley house daviadge st my nan moved to lake house scovell rd(1957) with my uncle. i remember walking to my nans under the railway bridge.i went to blackfriars primary school. i also remember when my nan passed away in 1983 as the funeral cars passed the local shops all he shopkeepers came out .Sorry its a long post but i was so excited to find this site and to read through all the posts .
Thursday 18 January 2018 6.45pm
i was so excited to come across this site as i had family that lived in queens buildings, so i have been scrolling through and came across your photo and the name peter roberts stood out ,im a bit emotional at the moment as it is my uncle . looking at the photo i knew straight away,first row second on left as you look at it . my nan emma roberts and various uncles lived in queens buildings, oh wow
Saturday 20 January 2018 7.15pm
peter roberts was my uncle. alot of my family lived in queens buildings and my nan emma roberts peters mum moved to lake house scovell road,
Monday 22 January 2018 10.32pm
Fred I have to ask about the singer word it have been Bill Powell from 86f ?
Monday 22 January 2018 10.37pm
Welcome Lea so pleased you. Have found and enjoyed reading the post's it's amazing the memories it brings back someone mentions a name or a place and your right back there. Please share your memories
Sandra
Tuesday 23 January 2018 6.49pm
hi ,my nan emma roberts , my mum and my elder brother lived at 27 queens buildings in 1954 .my mum and dad moved to bazley house , daviadge st where i was born , my nan eventally moved to lake house scovell road , but i remember going back to queens buildings to visit my uncles . i rememer the rocking horse at the evalina hospital,i was always gonna have one when i grew up .(i never did) and i remember when my younger brother fell and hit his head and had a huge bump all i could think was i gonna see the rocking horse yea .i remember going to east lane , to the cut and being able to go of with my friends to the imperial war museum to play hide and seek and to bedlem park .. sorry i am ramberling .I saw on this site a photo which included my uncle peter roberts , i was so excited as i am doing my family tree and although i had alot to do with him as a child we lost touch , althought my dad kept in touch with him i didnt get to see him before he died , sorry for going on .
Wednesday 24 January 2018 9.28am
It's not rambling Lea it just once the memories come back you just have to say it all in case you forget, I have a DVD of a programme World in action made in the buildings 1968 it was about a mobile health screening it's a fantastic watch if you would like to see it let me know I will get my cousin Peter to do you a copy, you might recognise people in it.
Sandra
Wednesday 24 January 2018 9.33am
It's not rambling Lea it just once the memories come back you just have to say it all in case you forget, I have a DVD of a programme World in action made in the buildings 1968 it was about a mobile health screening it's a fantastic watch if you would like to see it let me know I will get my cousin Peter to do you a copy, you might recognise people in it.i am sure the film will jog more memories
Sandra.
Wednesday 24 January 2018 6.30pm
hi sandra ,thank you for taking the time to read my posts , i would be very interested in watching the dvd you mentioned.
lea
Friday 26 January 2018 9.34pm
Evening Lea image sent you a private message
Current: 173 of 175

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network