Sash window repair

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 November 2008 3.24pm
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a reliable & not too expensive service that can repair a sash window cord?

Many thanks.

Best - S.
Monday 3 November 2008 7.18pm
Just to repair the sash cord? Any carpenter worth his salt can do that. But you have to take out the window and open the track and put in a new cord.
Tuesday 4 November 2008 9.33am
Thanks Jackie. I didn't even know which trade to approach.

Best - S.
Tuesday 4 November 2008 10.49pm
We just had are bathroom sash window repaired, due to it not working and rot, we used a company called Sash Repairs limited i think there web site was www.sashrepairs.co.uk good luck eileen.
Saturday 8 November 2008 12.01pm
Many thanks. Will give them a call.

Best - S.
Monday 20 June 2011 7.40pm
Hi,

I have got a patch of humidity formed just around the bottom base of one window.
Underneath the wooden threshold... Not sure what the name is..

It has recently formed. I am tempted to just paint on top, but I would like to ask an expert on windows.

Is there any updated info. Any honest one you would suggest that will not ask the whole content of my account?

Many thanks.
Monday 20 June 2011 8.12pm
hi there,
I am a local carpenter who has a love for sash windows. I would be happy to take a free look for you and recommend what you can do. I might not be able to do the job but I can certainly point you in the right direction.
best,
Tom
Tuesday 21 June 2011 6.49am
Thank you Tom.

... I just discovered it is not a Sash window.. is a plastic double glaze window.
not sure about the technical name..

Sorry about that. Probably you love them less :))

Still the problem remains. The patch of humidity formed under/around the window sill.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: