Police / Bankruptcy Auction

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 9 November 2008 1.05am
I've been hearing a lot about police / bankruptcy auctions on the nesw lately, and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where to look? Cheers.
Monday 10 November 2008 12.07pm
According to Direct.gov.uk:

"Police auctions of confiscated or lost property take place locally and advertising is a matter for the individual force.

Government ministries and departments also make their own arrangements. The Ministry of Defence (MoD), for example, has a dedicated website for disposing of surplus stock, while the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) holds regular auctions of registration marks."

It gives some links at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Hl1/Help/YourQuestions/DG_10014697

I believe the police run a site at http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk
Monday 10 November 2008 12.10pm
You could have a look at Frank G Bowen, too. They do auctions one Thursday every month. They're based out in Bethnal Green.
Monday 10 November 2008 1.21pm
There's one in Wandsworth too, not specifically 'police' auction, but it often has lots of stolen & unclaimed bicycles.
Monday 10 November 2008 4.01pm
For any one that might be worried.

when you go bankrupt ,

unless you own expensive antiques, they are not interested in your domestic possessions.

Its also not dealt with by a criminal court, so is not a matter for the police.

this whole thread is misconstrued.
Monday 10 November 2008 6.15pm
mickysalt wrote:

Misconstrued by you?

I think it's pretty clear what happens - when police recover untraceable stolen goods and ill-gotten assets they go to auction.
On the civil side, when people go bankrupt or cannot pay their creditors and have their goods taken by bailiffs, or companies go into receivership and their assets are sold in fire-sales, the goods often go to auction. Does anyone on this thread see it differently?
Tuesday 11 November 2008 11.15am
reece wrote:
mickysalt wrote:

On the civil side, when people go bankrupt or cannot pay their creditors and have their goods taken by bailiffs,

I'm just pointing out that getting into debt you cant pay doesn't automatically result in that.
Tuesday 11 November 2008 11.29am
Excellent. Let's all go out and borrow a load of money we cannot afford to repay then.
Tuesday 11 November 2008 12.52pm
The Mapmaker wrote:
Excellent. Let's all go out and borrow a load of money we cannot afford to repay then.

The point being the the banks lend irresponsibly so they can charge interest.

that's what coursed the credit crunch.
Tuesday 11 November 2008 1.05pm
I don't honestly think that anyone was reading this thread and worrying that their possessions might be auctioned off...were they?

It was just a request for information about where to find auctions!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: