Argos Extra £5 & £10 Vouchers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 13 November 2008 11.13am
Yesterday I had to pick up a few things in Argos Extra behind Tesco and was surprised to be given a 5 voucher. A cunning ploy to get me back in the store to spend more money? When I left I noticed in the window a sign saying spend 50 & get 5 voucher, spend 100 & get 10 voucher so here's the trick. If you are buying more than one item and and one of them is over 50 or 100 then buy the more expensive item on its own first, act surprised & delighted when given the voucher and suddenly decide to buy something else that you were going to buy anyway and use the voucher so you get a discount rather than an incentive to go back and spend more money. Is this a good time to announce to the forum that I am very Scottish?
Thursday 13 November 2008 5.56pm
I guess you could even return the first item unopened for a refund if you gave it 5 minutes ...
Thursday 13 November 2008 6.31pm
I did once get away with something similar in Sainsbury Crouch End Colinio.

Mangos were on a buy one get one half price offer and had then been reduced to half price each because of thier best before date but they were just perfectly ripe. When I checked my receipt amongst the other things i bought it appeared as if they cost me -1p.

Very strange so a few days later there was still the get one half price offer and again they had been reduced to half price beacause of thier best before end date so I got two mangoes and nothing else and went to the till. The girl scanned them and then gave me the wierdest disgusted look, opened her till, took out a penny and handed it to me with the receipt and 2 better than free mangoes! I still have the receipt in a little frame.

It turned out thier computerised tills applied both offers and calculated the buy one get one half price at the full price not the discounted best before end half price and they new about it but couldnt do anything about it as computer said no.
Thursday 13 November 2008 6.47pm
That mango story has made me uncommonly pleased.
Thursday 13 November 2008 6.55pm
And they were delicious.
Thursday 13 November 2008 9.36pm
Yes, a mango is like sex- so much better when you don't have to pay for it!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: