Cycle Jacking Warning

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 13 November 2008 12.36pm
Just to warn other.....my house mate got 'bike jacked' a couple of weeks back near the okr/nkr - three young guys dragged him off his bicycle whilst he was cycling home from work and stole it - he's jut told me he's now moving out of southwark as 'he wants to live somewhere safer' :-((
PKM
Thursday 13 November 2008 12.41pm
A similar incident was posted by a neighbour of mine on our residents forum - this time it was on Leathermarket street.
Thursday 13 November 2008 1.01pm
That's terrible.

PKM, what time of day did that happen?
Thursday 13 November 2008 1.33pm
I had an email this morning from the victim of the Leathermarket Street incident PKM mentions. He says it happened at 6.30pm.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 13 November 2008 1.41pm
My housemates was about 5.30pm-6pm on Cobourg Road, he was badly shaken by the experience....and had no insurance....so will be paying for the bike through his employer for the next 12 mths!
Thursday 13 November 2008 2.02pm
Hi guys,

As in my case ("leathermarket street incident") also three guys acted, I suppose that it is the same gang. I also suppose that this will not stop until the police will be more lucky than in my case (however, they did a very good job in trying to get hold of them and where in 5 minutes at the place of action). So if anyone spots a doggy looking person on a white Quantec cyclocross (quite distinctive bike (see Quantec ) and I guess that only my wife (or I until I bought a new one) rides a similiar bike in London, it would be great to get the police involved.
Thursday 13 November 2008 6.35pm
I guess I'll be leaving my bike in the flat when it's dark. Thanks for the warning. Sorry about your experience and the loss of your bike.
Tee
Thursday 13 November 2008 6.52pm
Very interesting. I was coming back from work recently and as i was about to go into my building, i sensed someone approaching me. I turned around and saw two kids, likely teens, who then proceeded to go "what!?" as i looked at the them. I gathered from their reaction they were up to no good.
Friday 14 November 2008 5.29pm
that is absolutely outrageous - I hope both of you are ok.
Tee
Friday 14 November 2008 6.54pm
Oh i'm fine. It just makes me angry people want to do this. Sorry, i forgot to mention in my previous post that i was on my bike too.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: