South Bank

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Thursday 8 January 2004 11.30am
Do you think that the South Bank could do with some more cafes lining the river walk with outside seating? I wouldn't welcome a flood of big chain eateries like StarBucks or Pret, but some nice independant cafes, similar to ones dotted around Soho would certainly provide more choice.

I know that there's Gabriel's Wharf, but whenever I went there last summer, it seemed to be over-populated by pigeons.
Thursday 8 January 2004 11.34am
I agree. Being new-ish to the area, I thought the Founders Arms would be a place to eat in the Summer, but I've been told that's a pigeon-fest too.

Lots of indepently run cafés where cooking is done with a bit of heart would be nice. To have a nice range would be good too - French, Italian, tapas, sushi, vegan, vegetarian etc...
Thursday 8 January 2004 12.36pm
Exactly. The last thing London needs is more branches of StarBucks etc. My heart sank the other week when I saw a Costa Coffee kiosk in the middle of Camden market.

What can they do about the pigeons? I'm all in favour of shooting them but I know many people would disagree.
Thursday 8 January 2004 12.57pm
Why don't we open up a café along the Thames that serves only pigeon based delicacies (a'la The Two Ronnies 'Rook Café')...???
Thursday 8 January 2004 1.13pm
How about a big sign with ' NO PIGEONS' on it?
Thursday 8 January 2004 1.16pm
that should do the trick
Thursday 8 January 2004 1.27pm
Blackfriars Tube station has walls painted in anti-climbing paint. Surely we could get some anti-pigeon paint?
Thursday 8 January 2004 1.52pm
Find a friendly falconer ?

;-)

Thursday 8 January 2004 2.04pm
Biscuit Boy...how many pigeons do you know that can read?
Thursday 8 January 2004 2.26pm
My family doctor is Dr. Pigeon. She's quite literate.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: