Christmas trees that smell like Christmas trees?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 17 November 2008 12.26pm
Hi all -

We're looking for a Christmas tree that *smells* like a Christmas tree... Any thoughts?

In the past we've found trees with nice shapes, colour, etc at Sainsbury's, HomeBase, and similar places, but they really don't smell like pine (or anything else for that matter).

Borough Market might be a bit on the pricey side for us - any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris
Monday 17 November 2008 1.04pm
You need a Fraser Fir. I get mine from www.scottishchristmastrees.co uk. I had a really nice tree from them last year, which was still not dropping needles at twelth night, until I moved it! I have ordered another for this year. I would advise you to order one as soon as possible as they sell out pretty quickly of Fraser Firs. I don't think that as many are grown of that variety as some of the others like Nordman etc.. Other companies on the net do them too so you could shop around. I tried for years to get one but was unsuccessful until last year.
Monday 17 November 2008 1.06pm
B&Q down Old Kent Road have a few in stock already if you want to go and have a sniff.
Monday 17 November 2008 1.07pm
Greengrocers on Gt Suffolk St sell trees. They smell like trees too.

...if you press it, they will come.
jw
Monday 17 November 2008 11.52pm
I'd back Ivanhoe - picked ours up from greengrocers there too last year and it was well priced and definitely smelt like a xmas tree
Sunday 23 November 2008 9.45am
Thanks for the tips, everyone! Will start *sniffing* out some good options. har har har...
Sunday 23 November 2008 10.24am
...that joke stinks
Sunday 23 November 2008 7.54pm
I braved the snow / rain / sunshine today and had a great walk up Great Suffolk Street. Many thanks for the tip - never walked it and I'm glad for the experience and to see several interesting architecture examples and a small art gallery.

However - I missed the greengrocers - where abouts are they?

Thanks!
Chris
Sunday 23 November 2008 8.19pm
On the left if your coming in from BHS.
Monday 24 November 2008 11.07am
We got a great one last year, that kept it's needles for ages and smelled nice, from the Blue Market in Bermondsey (On southwark park road). The people that run it are really nice too.

Gemma
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network