The survivors.

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 23 November 2008 11.08pm
I was lent some vhs tapes of the original 70s series a few years ago and found it fascinating viewing ,
(I did watch it in the 70s as well).

Having just watched the new remake , I have to say it was pretty good, an expanded version of the original
The title sequence wasn't as good and the theme tune used at the beginning was weaker than the original even though some of the cords sounded similar,
but As long as ideologically it sticks to the original (and it look like it will)it should be very good.

Also if a virus did wipe most of the human race needles to say I would paint the floral hall at Borough market green, and us a JCB to demolish more London. before leaving London for the country.
Monday 24 November 2008 11.14am
mickysalt wrote:
I was lent some vhs tapes of the original 70s series a few years ago and found it fascinating viewing ,
(I did watch it in the 70s as well).

Having just watched the new remake , I have to say it was pretty good, an expanded version of the original
The title sequence wasn't as good and the theme tune used at the beginning was weaker than the original even though some of the cords sounded similar,
but As long as ideologically it sticks to the original (and it look like it will)it should be very good.

Also if a virus did wipe most of the human race needles to say I would paint the floral hall at Borough market green, and us a JCB to demolish more London. before leaving London for the country.
Monday 24 November 2008 1.47pm
and
Monday 24 November 2008 2.13pm
I watched the original series in the 70`s and on uk gold and loved it both times, when was the new series on?
Monday 24 November 2008 4.51pm
Janny wrote:
I watched the original series in the 70`s and on uk gold and loved it both times, when was the new series on?

It started yesterday and continues tomorrow Tuesday

yesterdays must be on the bbci player I would imagin as well.
Monday 24 November 2008 7.54pm
The original 70s series is a classic!
Tuesday 25 November 2008 10.55pm
I thought part two was pretty good as well its made me want to re-watch the original series as I'm seeing things I remember from the original , like the woman leaving the man with the broken leg but cant quiet remember the order of events.

I also still don't mind the people in lab gear appearing at the end ,as ,as Iv already said the lab was important in the titles of the original,

I do have to say though my only criticism of this new version is , I think the title sequence is so purile it makes me want to throw up,

every thing else is fine though.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: